Monday, March 19, 2018

DOA’s Joe Keithley running for Burnaby, BC mayor’s seat

Joe Keithley live with DOA. (Cat Rose photo)


In the latest punk and politics news, DOA’s Joe Keithley has announced via his Instagram page that he’s jumping into the ring for his local mayor’s seat. Perhaps his slogan should be Hardcore ’18.

Here’s his statement:

“Today I'm letting people know that I am running to be the Mayor of Burnaby, my hometown. I am running for the Burnaby Civic Green Party. I am going to fight for grassroots democracy where everybody's voice is heard! I will put a stop to the heartless Demovictions that are a disgrace to Burnaby, BC and Canada. The Burnaby Greens will work towards making Burnaby a greener and more sustainable city. We will also do whatever it takes to stop the Kinder Morgan Pipeline expansion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment